So you’ve finished your workout and you want to refuel, but you also want a bit of a treat? This recipe could be the one for you!
Salted caramel anything has really become a go-to favourite treat for many of you out there, and it certainly is one that we turn to at Squads HQ. A lot. We even have a special stash of frozen bananas just for whipping up one of these.
Now this recipe isn’t entirely original, as you’ll find many variations on this recipe out on the interwebs, but we believe this version hits the (perfectly) sweet spot of tasty, nutritious and easy to make whenever you feel the urge.
On the ingredients, there is a lot in here that is good for you and very little that could be considered marginal, at best. We do add a dash of maple syrup for sweetness, but you could experiment with the sweetener of your choice, such as agave syrup, etc. For the protein powder, we use Innermost Vanilla-flavoured protein powder, but you can use the powder of your choice.
Ingredients for this recipe
- 300mL unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon rock salt
- 1 cup ice (1.5 cups if you use a fresh banana)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender (we use the smaller Nutribullet cup)
- Blend for a minute or two, or until all the chunks are nice and smooth
- Pour into a glass to serve, or into a travel flask to go!
Quick, tasty and easy! Enjoy! One for after exercise or any time you want something to fill a gap and satisfy your appetite in a delicious way.
Tried this recipe? Tell us how you went and anything you tweaked to your liking